Sunday 17 February 2013

Spring is on the way!

Had a busy week at work but a special surprise bouquet of flowers delivered on Thursday to work from my wonderful husband. Had a lovely evening too watching a romantic movie with a chinese takeaway - the perfect Valentine's Day. Thank You Russie!


Well I as going to start work this weekend on the white chest of drawers I bought last weekend, but it has not been delivered yet, and after being charged £15 delivery! I hope I will have it before next weekend, but I really should stop buying things that are not local, as I can pick up most of the local items in Russell's Jeep :0)

Finished painting up a couple of photo frames today, and I will find some nice pics to put in them and list them on ebay soon


Close up of distressing  

I finished off painting the oval shaped coffee table. Once the paint has completely dried I will distress and wax. I have painted in Annie Sloan Old White, and I will use Annie Sloan clear wax to seal it. I love the shape of the legs on this one. I also think it would look nice with some freehand painting. I would love to take a class on this.

2nd coat of paint on
I was having a look at the stuff I still have in the shed awaiting transformation, and I came across a pretty little shelf unit I bought at a car boot sale last Summer. I gave it a coat of Old White this afternoon, and I will have a think about how I am going to finish it off. It might look nice with some stencilling?






My next project is another chunky pine chair. I bought a couple of these and recently painted one in Annie Sloan Duck Egg Blue. It sold almost immediately after listing on ebay so it's good to know the single chairs sell, and they are good projects to try new colours out on.
Before 
After -  in Duck Egg Blue
Went up to IKEA yesterday. Hadn't been up since well before Christmas, but didn't buy much. Russell bought some new shelving units for his den, and he has been busy today building them. I only bought some napkins and light bulbs, oh and I did get 2 lovely picture frames to show off the prints I got reduced to 50p a pair the last time I was there. I love the retro colours and they will match my bedroom perfectly.



It has been a gorgeous sunny weekend, wont be long till Spring is here and we can look forward to longer days with extra hours to paint furniture!

Hope you have a great week!

1 comment: