Saturday 5 January 2013

Happy New Year !!

Well I did say in my last post that I would let you know how my holiday went but I have been so busy since we got back, then the days started to get shorter and it was dark by 4.30 and too cold to work through the winter.

The holiday was fantastic! We loved our second visit to NY, nice to see it in the summer as we had deep snow last time we were there (Christmas 2010). Had great fun shopping and eating out in Orlando, but our favourite place was definately The Atlantic Bay Resort in Tavernier, near Key Largo. It was the closest thing I have seen to paradise! and we will definately go back there.


I have just finished decorating our guest bedroom, and decided to buy some new smaller furniture as the room is tiny. I went for some solid wood retro furniture. Post war utility furniture made by Harris Lebus. Lady sold the set of wardrobe and chest of 6 drawers for £40! I love the retro style with the splayed legs.
I am going to paint them, just deciding what colour to go for. Either a lavendar shade, or duck egg blue I think. I will post pics of their transformation


A friend at work has also asked me to find her a nice solid wood chest of drawers for her flat. She would like them painted in Annie Sloan Old White and then lightly distressed. I am going out tomorrow to a local car boot sale so will see if I can find anything nice there


Been on holiday for Christmas and had family to stay, but Christmas was all packed away today and stored safely in the shed for next year, so time to start painting again. I am really excited about it as it's been over 4 months since I transformed anything !





No comments:

Post a Comment