Sunday 20 January 2013

Great start to my week off !

Hope you all had a great week. I had a busy one at work, but worked from home on Friday as we had quite a heavy snowfall. I seemed to get a lot more done without all the usual interruptions, phone calls etc. Yesterday I went out to pick up a chair I bought on ebay. It is advertised on IKEA website for £125 and I got it for £25 :0) Really happy with it !!


Got up early today (8.30) with the intention to get painting as early as possible, but Russell put a film on that I thought I had seen, but hadn't, and I ended up watching it all. Constantine, with Keanu Reeves. It was really good!


Ended up being lunchtime by the time I got myself dressed! Then I was hungry so made lunch. I did however manage to get all the tasks done that I had set myself for today. I finished off the 2 x chairs, and the 2 x mirrors, photographed them all, and listed them on ebay. I have a bid on one of the mirrors already. The chairs look really nice now that they are all waxed, distressed and buffed up.



I put the glass back into the mirror frames and photographed them on a nice little side table I have. It really makes a difference where you photograph your items, and staging them with some shabby chic bits and pieces. Here is the before and after of the wooden swivel mirror.



This is the more ornate wall hanging mirror I got at the car boot sale last week. Looks much better in Annie Sloan Old White.


I showed you some wallpaper swatches I quite liked last week to decorate the new furniture in my guest room. Well I found some that I love in the Laura Ashley sale. I wouldn't pay full price at £35 a roll, but they had a wallpaper event and they were all half price. I am hoping to pick it up from their store in Crewe next weekend. It is called Gosford Meadow. My friend Sandy bought this material to cover the chairs I painted for her and they look stunning, so I am excited to see how it looks on my furniture.


In the meantime I can start work on painting the wardrobe and chest of drawers in Old White, which is still my favourite Annie Sloan colour. I haven't decided whether to change the handles, I will wait and see what it looks like painted.  Once I have finished that project I will start bringing up the pieces of furniture from the shed at the bottom of the garden that to paint. It is packed full with a large sideboard, a welsh dresser, a 5 drawer pine chest and numerous chairs and tables! I will try not to buy anything else to paint until I have cleared some space in the shed, so difficult to walk past a bargain at a car boot sale though!!

I should have quite a lot to show you in next week's post and I will let you know how this week's auctions went on ebay. Thanks for reading, and please leave a comment :o)   Julie




No comments:

Post a Comment