Monday 7 May 2012

Bank Holiday Busyness !

You would think that the Bank Holiday weekend would be a time for chilling and recharging batteries, well not in the Crawford household !! I have had such a busy weekend!

Headed to Hanley on Saturday morning for a wander round the shops, can't remember the last time I went there shopping. Russell bought a few things in Forbidden Planet and I had a good look round TKMaxx. Had my new car valleted in the Potteries car park while we shopped too :-) Looking forward to driving it up to Scotland next weekend, and might even give Russell a shot!

Hanley Car Boot Sale
Sunday car boot sale in Hanley was a busy one. Managed to buy a nice pine bedside cabinet, a table with a drawer, and a painted wood/metal wall sconce with a mirror. The table and wall sconce are already listed for sale on eBay and the bedside cabinet has just be to waxed and I will put some new handles on it.


Tip - always start upside down
Thought the pine bedside table would look good in Paris Grey, and I think I might put little crystal knobs on the drawers ;-)  Just checked my email, and the candle sconce has sold, and has been paid for. That was a quick flip!

Won an eBay auction during the week for a small pine bathroom cabinet, bargain at 99p !
Painted in a new Annie Sloan colour - Old Ochre, and listed it on eBay today.



Also bought 3 pine chairs on eBay so went to pick them up on Sunday, I will probably paint them white, as that seems to be the most popular colour for chairs.


So, today, I have been mostly......painting! I did also make up some new necklaces that I listed on ETSY in my redkittencrafts online shop.



Placed another order for Annie Sloan paint this week, and ordered a new colour called PURE which I am looking forward to trying out. Will be driving up to Scotland after work this Friday, and driving back down on Saturday evening, so I will have Sunday free to get on with shabby chiccing!!

Forgot to tell you that I sold the Old Violet dresser for £63 and the Versailles dressing table for £83.  Also just this second sold a white bedside cabinet for £25.  Chaching!!

Have a good week!




No comments:

Post a Comment