Sunday 4 March 2012

Loads to tell you! (part 2)

I have been busy this week transforming a really nice 3 drawer chest I bought on eBay. It is a really solid old piece with a few knocks here and there (which give it real character). Decided to try out a new Annie Sloan colour I was given as a gift :-) Thanks terry & Russell ! -  "Old Violet"  The colour reminded me of old distressed french furniture, so I decided to try and go for that look. 

before  
after




I really like how this one has turned out, and love the decorative original handles. I have just to add one more coat of wax to protect it, then I will get it listed on eBay. Really not too sure how much to list this one for. I was thinking maybe £150 with a "best offer" option? Let me know what you think please

Just before I sign off  I want to show you what our conservatory looks like at present. My shed is FULL of furniture waiting to be painted and there are also some pieces that have now crept into our lounge.



 I know I shouldn't keep buying stuff till I clear some of the things I have, but I find it so difficult when I see a bargain! and a friend at work has told me this week about a charity warehouse not far from here that has furniture dead cheap! Can I resist going to have a look round??

I will tell you next time!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment